seeking answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

i recently had suicidal thoughts about drug overdose i thought bout overdosing on ibuprofen i stopped myself knowing it was wrong but i still dont feel happy. i dont have many friends im treated like crap by the ones i have and it is just really hard so im looking for any advice on what to do to help.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey kelly. first off you’re really brave for asking for help. i too have had my share of suicidal thoughts so i know what you’re going through. it sucks. it absolutely sucks. i think maybe you should stop talking to the friends that make you feel bad. you deserve better. never settle for crap. oh and just know it has nothing to do with you. people are just insecure sometimes so they tend to treat others badly.

if you continue having these thoughts i reccomend you tell someone whether that be a close family member or some type of counselor. yes, it may be scary at first, but just know it’s for the better. you’re going to get help, and you’re going to feel better.

btw feel free to personal message me anytime you want. you can always talk to me. stay strong x

• Posted

Hi Kelly.

Have you been to see your GP? If not that;s a good place to start - they will be able to suggest the best options for you.

Remember you're never alone in how you're feeling, millions of people out there feel just like you do so try to look after yourself & seek some professional advice.

Here if you need to talk

x

• Posted

The friends you have now are not really your friends if they treat you badly. Go out join a gym or dance class or whatever that makes you happy and you will certainly find real friends. Remember that if you hurt yourself you will be the only one to lose. No one else will care. So gather your life together and make new beginnings. Whatever effort has to to be made has to be made from your side. You will see how your life turns around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.