Self Catherazation

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 weeks post-op from prolapse bladder surgery and removal of uterus. Had to self catherate the last 5 days because bladder was not emptying fully. I was so distressed and fearful of doing this, but I did . I'm happy today to say that my doctor says I can stop now because this bladder has woke up!! Lol No more catherate for me.

Still taking things slowly and following orders for a complete recovery . I'm going the whole stretch of 12 weeks !! Thank everyone for their support especially Matron that keeps encouraging me and everyone else.

From me in Arizona U.S. To everyone keep the faith and be encouraged!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

diann you were are star! If you were my patient I'd be very proud of the way you coped with everything. It was obviously worth it. I really hope you go from strength to strength and you start living life to the full.
  • Posted

Lovely to hear that Dianne:-))))  I can see your joy in your post:-)))))  Brilliant news:-)))
  • Posted

aww good luck .. glad ur better.. i read matrons comments and she seems the heart of this page... how fab xxx
  • Posted

Matron is brilliant,she has helped so many ladies,me included. Glad to hear you are on the mend x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.