Self Harm

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, Has anyon found that their anxiety has developed into self harm. Ive been doing it now for a couple of months. Anyone else in the same boat? thanks in advance.x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No I dont self harm but are you getting therapy for this?
    • Posted

Ive had some councling but they didnt really seem to listen.
    • Posted

Thats all therapist do is listen

Get yourself some help from a family menmber or friend or

do to your doctor,you are hurting yourself so you must get help

Stay Strongcry

• Posted

Thanks, I know I need help, I just dont think anyone understands what im going through. obviously im not the only person this this situation - i understand that, but i dont know anyone who gets it.
    • Posted

If you tell a doctor or a councellor you are cutting yourself they will help
    • Posted

I have told them but all they want to do is listen. I know thats what coucilors do but because I dont know what to say about it all then we dont seem to get anywhere. I know what started it off but dont know how to control it.
    • Posted

Ok Twpy this is obviously troubling you or you would not be on this forum.

Its troubling me reading about it.

If you want to get to the bottom of why you are harming yourself you MUST speak to someone teacher doctor parent friend anyone

You are not going to get better by burying your head in the sand

This is not normal behaviour and if you want to get better you have to start talking something must be making you want to cut yourself

Take Care

• Posted

What do u mean by self harm? Like pinching yourself? Cutting yourself?

I pinch myself and grab my skin in a panic...I have no control over it...I'm so scared it's like I'm doing it to focus on the physical pain instead of the mental.

• Posted

I cut my self. I started with a kitchen knife but have started using a cheep disposable set of knifes. They are sharper, quicker easier to use.
    • Posted

Oh my. That's no good 😔. Do you have a doctor to speak too? Talking about it helps.
    • Posted

I tried my doctor he just said that I should be stronger, and refered me to a councilor who didnt really get me. Its hard to talk to family because they just say "it will be ok" or " dont worry it will sort itself out".  I some times want them to yell at me, it would make more sence.
    • Posted

I know it's hard but u have to try and remain strong amd positive. You not alone...never will be. Everyone has a story. We're all here as a support for one another
    • Posted

Thank you. I know I'm not alone but feel very empty and need a cuddle now and then.
  • Posted

Hi there definitely go back to your Dr and stress how bad you feel and what you are doing. I used to scratch, pinch and dig my nails into myself when I was in the grip of anxiety but it's not the answer. Talking does help but you need to tell them exactly how you feel and you need their help. Hope you feel better soon. We have all been at a bad stage with anxiety maybe not doing the same things but honestly you will come out the other end. You'll get there. cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.