Self harm

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've suffered serious bouts of depression for many years.

Once again I am in the midst of a depression, except this time the anxiety I normally associate with the thought of hurting myself is not present and I have made a plan to end my life.

Now I'm just waiting until the right moment.

Do not wish to put myself into a mental health clinic, been there, done that, doesn't help.

I am in Welbutrin and set to see a Physc tomorrow. Which can't come quick enough. I need some kind of sedative.

Can't sleep barely eating.........

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please contact your urgent care crisis team

There is always a solution

Take Care

Lil

• Posted

Lillie,

I appreciate the response, but I do not wish to spend any time in a mental health facility. If I could go somewhere together medication sedatives of some kind without being held I would.

Peace

• Posted

Dan I understand I have been in such faclities several times and do not wish to go back.

Please dont self harm take to your psych tomorrow and get some help

Lil

• Posted

You need to tell all this to your psych....sounds like you need an increased dose or a different med. whatever, hang on in there!!!! We have all felt as low as you feel right now.
  • Posted

Dan,

I know how you feel. Mental Health clinics do not help. You have to sort this out in your own mind. You have to feel, Do I have a right to be here?  I'm going through the same kind of depression that you are, but I do feel that i have a right to be here. Please listen to my advise and follow your heart not your emotions.

Steve

• Posted

I hear you. I battle it mentally, but, for want of a different phrase, when my dark side wins I find it hard to function.
    • Posted

People on here don't really inderstand, Dan. I battle from the same kind of mental illness thay you do. You have to get your mind straight or try to keep it straight. You and I have a right to be here. I have been through a lot of discomfort physically over the past 6 years and just when I think I'm ready to throw in the towel, I rest my mind and say, ok, lets try this for another day.

I will stay talking to you if you would like. Maybe you and I can help each other.

Steve    

• Posted

I really appreciate the offer. Right now I have to get out the house, going to see a friend. Hoping it will take my mind of things.

Of course you deserve to be on here

The only thing which has kept me alive is that I have a 23yo daughter and I would not be able to imagine the pain it would cause her.

• Posted

There you are then.....a good reason to be well. You'll probably have grandchildren one day too and love them to bits
    • Posted

Yes I know. Except she swears up and down that she'll never have kids. She's been saying that since she was 12.
    • Posted

It doesn't stop me from fantasizing about hurting myself. Which for the first time in my history of depression I haven't had much anxiety about and it feels like it would or could be far easier than I ever thought. I hate my life.
    • Posted

Please don't feel that way, Dan. Stay strong. You have to.

Steve

• Posted

We all change our minds. Start fantasising about grandchildren instead
  • Posted

try and eat  if you can it will be better for you. I hope it goes alright tommorrow.
  • Posted

I am in therapy. When I mentoined these feelings to my therapist, part of her response was that people who believe in reincarnation say if you do that, then in your next life all your problems will be repeated.

Does anyone think this was an inapporiate answer? Btw, slept reslly badly last night. But am out the house and ttying to keep busy. Have a good day.

• Posted

Are you saying your therapist told you that you are mentally ill now because you did something bad in a former life
    • Posted

No she s saying that if I harm myself in the ulitmate way, then in reincarnation I will suffer the same kind of problems too.
    • Posted

I dont want you to harm yourself in any way its not the way to go.

Life gets tough for us all.

I dont think the therapist meant anything by it I dont believe in that kind of thing when your dead  your dead you have had your chance at life

Keep getting out and about things will get better.

Take Care

Lil

• Posted

Well that didn't go well. The Physc wanted to call an ambulance for me. I walked out. He was talking about holding me for a month. No way is that happening.

I have a small business which will disintegrate if I'm not available and a trip to see my Dad in London in two weeks.

Oh well time to get some Wellbutrin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.