Self Propulsion

Posted , 2 users are following.

One of the best stress relievers is exercise, but many have no time to go to a gym, or use a stationary exercise machine. I've been using a trikke, and bicycle to get to destinations, it's gratifying to use your own energy to transport yourself, most importantly it releases tension, it gives you a chance to relax, concentrating on technique, breathing in fresh air. There are many forums, and groups on line that can help with any questions or concerns you may have.

Choose your method of self transport, and condition yourself to imporving your body which will invariably improve your mind.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So what can you do when you're leg's and arms are like jelly. Who wants to or how I guess it is mild anxiety you have.
    • Posted

I understand, the first step is the most difficult, they do get easier, not because it's the right thing to say, but because it's true. I can't use myself as an example, we're all different, but I remember how it was before the internet, when I was trying to explain to others how I felt, and they listened, but couldn't do anything. Again, it's comforting to discuss what your going through, but it does take some effort to overcome these self defeating thoughts. My exit was feeling that relief after, and building on that relief. Exercise for me was the key to the first door that I walked through.
    • Posted

Hello. Trikkerguy

I back you up with what tour saying , the first steps are the MOST HARDEST . If you can do a LITTLE  at a time is always better than NOTHING . 

Regards 

Anna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.