Selincro/Nalmefene Diary

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone, fellow alcohol abuser here.

This is my first post and after trying most things to give up, this week I obtained 14 days worth of selincro from an online pharmacy after reading about it on here and elsewhere and I'm going to post daily to say how it's going in case anyone finds it useful.

I'm quite excited about it as I don't want to go to my doctor, partly out of shame and also I don't want it on my record. Thought about AA though I can't imagine stopping completely but I've generally given up trying to give up.

I do 60-100 units/week, mostly red wine with a bit of lager and the occasional bottle of port but that's a bad idea becasue it ends up going in one sitting. So in the drinking pantheon at the lower end but I've not been more than 4 days without for about 20 years. Also my family are all at it too, my father god bless him consumes no fluid other than special brew and scotch and miraculously continues to eek out a rather sad existence at 70. Mother not far behind him though she at least manages a bit of coffee between the gin. My sister died last year from cancer following a life of fags and booze...you get the idea.

Anyway, yesterday was day 1. Took a tablet at 7pm and stayed dry in readiness of the alleged side effects. Glad that I did and I would advise anyone trying it to take the first tablet at home. It wasn't too bad, more a collection of "odd sensations". You definitely know you've had something. Headache, not dizzy as such but glad I wasn't driving anywhere. One of the kids woke me up very early so can't comment on sleep interference but feel quite odd today. Not ill as such but not quite with it and no desire to drink anything.

I might skip today's tablet as need to drive in the morning though on holiday from tomorrow afternoon so will have to have one tomorrow.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.