Seperated from wife of 21yrs, Great deal off anxiety/panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone here been seperated from a loved one. I can't stop fretting and having anxiety and panic attacks. I just left a psych ward and I am going downhill fast once I left the positive amosphere. I have few friends so I am looking for an active community and some advice on some self help recourses. I am allowed no contact with wife for now. thank you for any help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

In so sorry. It's not my place to ask what happened.

You need to seek some consoling and maybe some meds for a short time. Maybe a group where people meet and talk. It's a lonely feeling and you feel abandoned. Do you believe in God. Seek prayer and church. God brings you people when you least expect. I'm hear just to listen if you need.

• Posted

Hi Shane 

i am sorry you are going through a rough time, I have been going through a lot of anxiety myself. I find it comforting to come here for support, it is hard when you are going through depression and anxiety, most people do not understand unless they have been through it. I myself do pray and go to church and have been reading the bible too to find peace. My anxiety is better than it was but I still have a long way to go. Feel free to respond I am here to listen and help if I can.

• Posted

Sometimes when ur hurting still the best words are the unspoken ones when it comes to the subject shane buddy ino its seems hard but get to the doctors gettin somthing to settle help u sleep also then get up get a fresh shirt on hang out with mates take a drink get back to the women scene talking laughin or jus for a walk with friends the house and dwelling will make u much worse been there done that was with a girl 10 years or more then ended up wer are trust me buddy i feel your thunder but its probly that you are not for her and deserve better tou mite not see it but with all this time and events after the 1st year ul rediscover yourself in ways your cant imagine and be so strong on your own you will be so happy and you can tryst if any1 ever did it again it will cause you no sweat but things are fresh for you buddy if you need me im here wink
  • Posted

Maybe moving to a new area thats in your age range would help.a new enviornment. You dont mention your age. If its 55 and over is their like a retirement area available. Sometimes removing yourself completely from the environment, or town is helpful.
  • Posted

Thanks every one , Im 40 and due to depression I dont have any friends, I have isolated myself for so many years, I have been working from home for the last 14 years. I am not religious. I ve ot medications that I take now but they dont seem to be enough, I have troubles sitting in one place for 2 minutes and begin to pace so much that my legs hurt at night. I miss my wife and kids and my normal life. I have always had panic / anxiety attacks and my wife has soothed me for years and now with out her i can find little peace

• Posted

Hi Shane,

I am going through the same thing. I have been a mess for over 2 months now. My ex is an alcoholic and it has been a rough 4 years actually. I thought I was coping bc we have separated 3 times in the last 4 years and ive never felt like this. He gets depressed drinking alot gets withdrawn and pushes me away when I try to be there and then he begs me to come back promising it will never happen again saying he will get help so I go back and things are good for awhile then he does the same thing again. I had a breakdown this time I guess I couldn't cope anymore and just completely fell apart. I haven't been able to work I've been having panic attacks which I never had before and thought something serious was wrong with me and I was going to die. I have anxiety everyday and physical symptoms burning tingling, can't eat, nausea, numbness, lightheaded feel like I can't breathe and have to keep taking deep breaths etc. The physical symptoms have set me over the top and made everything worse. I google and sedan myself jnto a panic attack convinced I have a serious disease which has made everthing worse and I can't seem to come out of it. This is the first time I have been this bad, I have now withdrawn and disconnected and for the first time have not even wanted to talk to him, blocked him from contacting me bc i feel that bad although i still love him. i don't care to talk to friends or go out anywhere I haven't left the house in 2 months except to go to the dr. It's really hard and ni know what your going through its the worst feeling in the world sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.