serious reaction paralysed

Posted , 4 users are following.

After an operation l was given cyclizine by iv. Immediately l hallucinated then started fitting andbecame paralyzed for 1 hour including being unable to talk. I then had further attacks leaving me paralysed throughout the following 2 days. I then had several fits in the next couple of days and have now been discharged. However, I now have speech difficulties, concentration problems (inc. being unable to read) and spasms throughout my body. 7 weeks since the day I am walking with crutches and have seen little improvement.

I really think further investigation of the effects of cyclizine need to be investigated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Just read your experience with this drug. It sounds very simliar to what my friend is going through after having this drug recently. She has been left with speech, movement and concentration problems.

I just wonder if you would be kind enough to update me on your situation.

Thank you and hoping things have improved for you

• Posted

This drug caused my Mum to be paralised and unable to walk for six months. The drug company managed to get a letter from the hospital saying they don't think the drug caused it so they dropped the investergation and would not look into it any further (As they would...) The hospital has edited notes and lied in many letters as it was given intravionously very fast (probably causing the effect). None of the doctors will admit it in writing although on the phone they say the drug caused it. Lawers want a win before investergating. I really am having trouble getting to the bottom of this grug and getting it exposed for how dangerous it really is, especally in the wrong hands who do not have the experiance on how to administer it correctly. If anyone has had a result from a case or investergating this drug, please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.