Seriously afraid I’m going to have a heart attack any day now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been stressed for the past 3 or 4 years now. Every month I feel like I develop a new symptom. It started with lack of sleep, turned into sharp chest and stomach pains with diareah, and now my left shoulder feels like it’s strained. In fact, my whole face feels so tight, including my jaws and my neck hurts. I’m 24 years old and male, have been to about 6 doctors for EKG’s and blood and they all seem to think I’m perfectly fine, though my symptoms all indicate heart blockage. I’m mortified

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey there 

I’m not sure how old you are but I’m 19 and been dealing with anxiety for quite a few years, I’ve been to a and e roughly 32 times in those years and I’m at the gp every week with something, the tightness in face and stiffness in neck is most likely from your shoulders being tense, oh don’t notice but you shrug your shoulders tightening them, the heart pain I’ve had for a long time as well and i can honestly say your fine but demand to your gp for a 24 hour heart trace, whatever puts your mind at ease, it’s a hard thing to deal with I know but your not alone! 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I actually have gone to a cardiologist and had the heart monitor and cardio test completed. The cardio told me I was completey fine, but I almost passed out from running for so long and hard on the treadmill and needed to lay down afterwards. I blame this on being overweight, vaping a lot and not having done any real cardio on years. So, yeah, they didn’t seem worried
    • Posted

Yeah I’d most likely say that it’s down to vaping, it’s funny you say that because when I was on high nicotine I experienced a lot of sharp heart pains but once I stopped and hit the gym abit more they subsided, I’d honestly recommend doing atleast some weight training as you feel great after, also if your in the UK get some good cbd oil for stressful days it really does wonders, stay positive! I’m hoping with age it gets easier which it has just in 2 years, well more manageable anyways 

• Posted

Went through the same thing it was my anxiety I'm now on medication and it's helping so much

• Posted

That means you have been stressed since you were 21 years of age, most likely you have been stressed before that. However, I am just speculating. I don't know your situation, but everyone with anxiety feels something similar. Did the doctors tell you that it is anxiety? Since you have been to several doctors, I am guessing several of them suggested to you that you are experiencing symptoms of stress. When I was your age, I was on valium. Psychosomatic symptoms mimic real physical disorders, like chest pains, all kinds of feelings. One reason is that your nerves are on edge and you are hypersensitive to any little ache or pain. What is causing your stress, did it start suddenly when you were 21, relationship, job, school, etc.? Find a good counselor, friend who you can talk to. I believe our thoughts about our situations cause stress, lack of hope, no light at the end of the tunnel, etc. Are you able to do physical activity? Even shortness of breath can be muscle tightness in the chest and in the stomach.  When I first had panic attacks, I had a phobia about my heart and was afraid to do anything. It was all in my head, as I later learned. Our minds/bodies are connected and interact. Relax, watch some funny shows, read and educate yourself about anxiety and start thinking about how your thinking traps you in a vicious cycle. Best wishes. 

• Posted

Yep. I’ve had obscene stress since I was 21. I think I’m able to pinpoint was caused it, but my thought-patterns have traumatized me. I’m in a constant dread cycle and life feels almost meaningless now. Not suicidal, but I no longer feel hope or feel like I’m able to help myself. I’m crazily addicted to caffine and nicotine because they are the only ways I feel any sort of energy.

• Posted

Hi sorry your going through a bad time. Get yourself to a reflexology session this will really help anxiety.Also rescue remedy from your health food shop.Try a chillow pillow at night.Breathe slowly & deeply.regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.