Seroxat /paroxetine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Are there others out there trying to come off seroxat? I notice there is masses of activity in the mirtazapine group but not so many comments on paroxetine. I'd really like to find some more info or share some experiences with anyone else struggling with withdrawal from seroxat, especially if, like me, you've been on it for sometime. Over 20 yrs in my case. Would be great to hear from you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I withdrew from Seroxat after 23 years. I went from 40 mg, then 30 mg, then 20 mg, then three months at 10 mg.  Was slightly wobbly at 10 but felt absolutely dreadful when I came off it completely.  I am trying Sertaline now but still feel pretty rotten most days. It's not quite three weeks yet, though.

Most of the time on Seroxat I felt great, but then had periods when it didn't seem to work.  I wonder if I should have gone up instead of trying a different tablet?

• Posted

Hi Avril! So good to hear from you! I'm not sure going up a dose would have been such a good idea. I was put on mirtazapine for a short while but have now gone back to a ½ dose of seroxat (10mg) when I realised that it was probably the withdrawal causing my appalling insomnia and anxiety. I have never been so bad on or off seroxat. I'm not sure if I've done the right thing or how long this lasts but I was hoping it might stabilise me at least for a while.

• Posted

I've just come off Seroxat and gone onto Pregabelin. My side effects are dizziness and tiredness. Although I am sleeping better than ever! I'm determined not to go back on them.My gp told me they are the hardest antidepressant to come off. I have Stemitil to help with the dizziness.

• Posted

i came of paxil very very fast and went on 6 months with constant vertigo - dizziness feeling . it got worse and had derealization as well. went back to doc and took the dose back with cymbalta to componsate with the seratonin effect

wish me good luck yesterday i stopped seroxat comeplety but still with cymbalta i am too scared that the dizziness will come back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.