Sertaline 50mgs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. Been on sertaline now for three weeks. First two weeks on 25mgs now on day 4 of 50mg. Woke up today without the nervousness and I thought.. brilliant they are working. Had a good morning but it did feel a bit serile as if I was waiting for that anxiety to hit me. Now I'm felling anxious, lightheaded and a bit spaced out.

Is this normal 3 weeks in?

You must be sick of me posting on here. I find it a comfort

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Nobody is sick of you! We all need reassurance now and then. That's why this site exists, so that we can all help each other.

I was up and down with sertraline 50mg for at least 8 weeks so please give your body time to absord and adjust  to it. I would like to add that medication is not a magic cure all. AD requires ongoing self-help to overcome it. Feeling surreal is a symptom of Ad and you have to accept it might happen now and again. Anxiety does tend to hang around like a cloud of impending doom but only if we continually watch our body, so to speak, for signs of its re-emergence. That tells me that you are in a state of subconscious trepidation that it overtake you again.

That's the reason you feel anxious and lightheaded. You're on tenterhooks. If you have a symptom no matter what it is don't shrink in fear. Tell yourself it is what it is and the sooner you get on with things, ride it out so to speak, it will fade away.

It's not easy but once the meds kick in you will have some "help" and there is always the Forum to turn to. There's a saying that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. Draw on that inner strength. So, no fighting the Ad! No watching to see you you feel! Just accept it and go with it. Symptoms are vile but thinking OH God, it's here again! will add more symptoms. and throw you into panic mode.

You can do this smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Helen and Maria. As the day is going on I am feeling better. I had a nap just after lunch and my appetite is back yay. I can't afford to lose weight.

So heres hoping the meds are working. I'm relaxing and also reading books

Thanks again ladies. X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Good news that your appetite is coming back. I know how you feel! IO cannot afford to lose weight either. Don't forget to keep hydrated honey. Sip water all day if needs must... A nap after lunch! Tut, tut, how frightfully decadent!

Hugs from Helen xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Enjoy the evening?? Never think ahead. That can trigger subconscious

Fear hoping the day ahead will be " good " AD requires you to live in

The moment.

Lecture over, lol

Many hugs

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm not on sertaline but I'm on Venlafaxine 75mg now just bumped mine up and I feel the same on this medicine too. I feel like I'm waiting for the panic and anxiety to hit me also when it's not. I'm a little spaced out too and it's only been a week for me. It will pass though my doctor told me it's perfectly normal. It takes my medicine at least 3 weeks for the full effect but I feel it already my mind is starting to calm down but my body still feels somewhat anxious. I'm just sticking with it and waiting it out. It is a strange feeling for the body to feel anxious when your mind feels calmer. Not racing thoughts like it use to. I suffer from very bad health anxiety and panic attacks. I am starting to feel better though as each day passes. Thank goodness! Hang in there!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up