Sertaline and Diazepam advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good morning 

I have been to the doctors again today as yesturday on my way to the office I just broke down in the car. My body shaking heart pumping feeling so so sick. Headache.

Ringing in ears. 

Anyways managed to meet my boss then everything kind of went away after and felt happy.

I'm flying to America on 19th December (14hour trip) 

I've never been afraid of flying but every time I have an attack all I think about is that? Having an attack on a plane?

I've tried two anti depressants and side affects are so bad.

They have given me 100mg of sertaline to be taken daily. Anyone had any experience with this drug?

And diazepam for my flight again how is this drug?

Thanks 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's a big dose, I had bad side effects just by taking one 1/4 of a 50 mg tablet
    • Posted

Yea citlopram but bad side effects with that too so I'm just going to try and get through it without medication 
  • Posted

Hey i Am on 50 mg of sertaline daily and I started it just yesterday and I was very very sick I had vomiting and dizzyness dialated pupils ringing ears and all that it was horrible but my doctor said this will only last for a couple of weeks until I get used to them😊x
  • Posted

Hello I am on Diazepam for the past two weeks it has made me very drowsy so I only take one in the evenings when my anxiety is at it's worst. It helps and especially with sleeping although I heard it is very addictive 

Lor xx

• Posted

I got told just to take one when anxiety is bad like before flying. Don't want to be drowys tho? I don't know when I'll have attack but so scared about flying soon
    • Posted

Hi I think you will be fine with just one and a low dose I've never flown and I hate heights so I feel your pain! The doctor says to me take it when you feel an attic coming on but sometimes they come on so fast it's not like your brain can send you a voicemail and say by the way in an hour you're having a panic attack is it ?!
  • Posted

Hi i used to take diazepam before flying - i didn't get drowsy as i was so stressed. It did stop me from panicking though.  I got to a point where my anxiety was getting really bad and i wanted to take it just to go to the shops.  Part of this was psychological i think though.  The only thing i can say is that panic is cause by our thoughts and not the actual situation.  I always used to pick on a friendly looking cabin crew member and tell them how i felt, then they would check on me during the flight.  xx
    • Posted

Fantastic  thankyou I'm going back to work next week I'll bring it with. Do you take it when you have the panic or before? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.