Sertaline day 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take this pill at night I felt nauseous and light headed it went away but came back in the morning because the daytime is where I am most anxious so im still a lil queasy and lightheaded and I have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach those who suffer from anxiety you know what I'm talking about. Sertaline makes me a lil shakey as well. I saw faster results with Valium but I don't wanna take it everyday.

I also ordered some magnesium oil if anyone has tried it does it really work?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Why do you take the pill at night?

If your only on day 2 you have a long road ahead of you of side effects.

It will get worse before it gets better

Too many people focus on the side effects of drugs think positive and don't look at the negatives

They are not magic they can take up to 6 weeks to work

Lil

• Posted

I know they're not magic it's hard to think positive when you're not feeling well.
    • Posted

It happens to everyone

Sorry if I don't seem sympathetic I do know what your going through I couldn't leave the house for 3 months until my medication settled down

You just have to distract yourself

Take care

Lil

• Posted

Yes I started off on 50mg now I'm on 200mg that's the max it took about 3 months in all for them to settle in properly.

Sleep is still a problem but my gp is referring md to a sleep clinic

Lil

• Posted

Oh ok I'm on 50 mg right now I also have sleep issues as well. I think I wanna take it during the day instead of the night
    • Posted

Yes I think you will benefit more from it during the day.

I used to be on mirtazapine and for years I slept really well but it stopped working which is quite common and I had to have a medication change.Sert does nothing for sleep

I don't think we are ever cured Jen but it does get better

Lil x

• Posted

Hi Jen. I'm also on 200 mg sertraline and I take it in the morning. I'm about to start decreasing them under my GP's guidance, as I'm now feeling better.

Lil is right about giving anti-depressants six weeks to work.

All the best, Tess

• Posted

That's a good positive decision to reach. Good luck. Come back o this discussion and tell us how you're doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.