Sertaline day 4

Posted , 8 users are following.

Sertaline 50mg day 4 when does it get better

Last night made it 4 days I take it at night because my doctor instructed me to do so. I'm trying to stick it out with this pill but I'm nauseated, dizzy, tired and I have a dreadful feeling I spend most of the day in bed because I have no energy.

I hope its gets better but I'm not liking this medication so far

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As said many times before it can take up to 6 weeks to kick in

Lil

• Posted

I know but still sharing my experience and need reassurance that it'll get better.
  • Posted

I'm the same on citalopram. The first couple of weeks can be bumpy, if your bare with it, results should be worth it.
  • Posted

I guess everyone is different but I'm on day 14 of the same and the first three days I was soooo tired but less anxious straight away. I feel much better now and think it's working well. I do think it's slightly upset my stomach but it's better than feeling so on edge all the time.
    • Posted

What brand are you taking? Lustral or generic (teva,lupin,accord etc)?
  • Posted

Maybe she didn't mean it like that?
    • Posted

I don't know I just don't want any negativity this forum is supposed to be about support for each other
    • Posted

Hang in there Jen it will get better...sertraline usually make you feel worse before better...it is a great drug for most people and I'm sure you will be a different person in a few weeks...but please give it 8 weeks to let it work
  • Posted

Jen, I have been on fluoxetine 5 weeks it took 2 weeks for the nausea to go away, everyone is different but just keep going with it in the long run you will feel so much better, look forward to those times. I feel like I've been on my tabs 2 minutes not 5 weeks try not to focus on the side effects and actually how much this will help you once your body gets use to it smile if you really can't cope go to your doctor they can change the meds x
  • Posted

Don't worry - it does that to everyone. It takes about six weeks to kick in properly, so you need to tough it out.

It will get better. Just give it time.

• Posted

There is a Sertraline forum I think you would get more help in.

However, I too had these horrid start up side effects. I know it sucks right now but keep taking them I promise they go away! I couldn't eat a thing for 4 days. I had increased anxiety. Nausea every single day for 2 weeks. Headaches. Dizziness. You name it. I had it. After 2 weeks my appetite came back. I was still very tired. Found myself taking naps after work every day. Week 3 the dizziness stopped. Week 4 my energy came back. I'm on week 10 I have never felt better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.