Sertaline side effects- please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I've been taking sertraline 50mg for about 6 weeks now. Last night when laying in bed, I started to get a really intense burning sensation in back, which then spread over my entire body. It felt as if my body was on fire! I woke up this morning and throughout the day the sensation has been lingering all over my body. Has anybody else experienced this when taking sertraline? I went to see my doctor today (who wasn't much help) and he couldn't comment on whether this was a side effect or not. Thanks!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't think it is a sertraline side effect I think it is an anxiety symptom

I get this and I'm on sertraline but I also got it when I was on mirtazapine

Everyone reacts differently though

Lil

• Posted

Thanks for responding. Just extremely worried as it was such an intense burning sensation throughout my entire body, and its still there today. I'm worrying that it's nerve related, which is why I'm desperately trying to find another reason for why I'm experiencing this sad
    • Posted

As I said it happened to me when I was on mirtazapine as well but if your worried get it checked out

Lil

• Posted

I've had anxiety 7 months and I've had the burning feeling symptom all that time it has started to ease off now but I've only been taking sertraline for 4 months so for me it's definitely not the drug but everyone is different

Lil

• Posted

Second thread I've seen about this medication I'm scared to take it today
    • Posted

I was scared to take it, I'd been putting it off for months but then finally gave in. But everyone is different and you won't necessarily get any side effects. Was the other thread related to a burning sensation by any chance? Lol
    • Posted

Yeh we are talking about different people I've just checked

The lady I am talking about had burning sensation from her neck to pelvis and she was on citalapram

Lil

• Posted

I wanna say its sounds like acid reflux which can be caused by anxiety/stress
    • Posted

I have suffered with acid reflux recently, but surely that wouldn't cause intense burning over the body though it?
    • Posted

Maybe If you was panicking about it at the time, I know the exact feeling your on about. I had it with setraline, I didnt eat for 2 weeks either and nearly ended up in hospital, I was bad off it. But one of my friends she said it made her feel the best she ever did now shes happy with a baby! Everyone varies, but I dont think I'll be going back on medication anytime soon. I hope you find one that works. Keep going back to the doctors if you need too.. Side effects usually last 2 weeks so if you're getting these feelings after, maybe its not the right medication. Do not just stop taking it though (i did that worst mistake ever) see a doctor first xx
    • Posted

How I describe it is I don't know if you have ever had a ct scan they pump dye into your vein so the scan shows up better well it's that feeling.

It's like a hot rush and if feels like you have wee'd yourself

Acid reflux affects the stomach chest and upper back and that's more of a pain.

Lil

• Posted

I think you are getting things mixed up

Acid reflux the burning sensation pins and needles are anxiety symptoms not side effects of medication

Lil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.