Sertaline side effects- please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I've been taking sertraline 50mg for about 6 weeks now. Last night when laying in bed, I started to get a really intense burning sensation in back, which then spread over my entire body. It felt as if my body was on fire! I woke up this morning and throughout the day the sensation has been lingering all over my body. Has anybody else experienced this when taking sertraline? I went to see my doctor today (who wasn't much help) and he couldn't comment on whether this was a side effect or not. Thanks!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kim it was me who put about the burning sensation all over my body and I get real clammy hands and feet I also get like somebody is pouring ice cold water down my back I have researched anxiety and they can be one of the symptoms cos I have only been sertraline days not weeks x
    • Posted

I agree nicola I've had these symptoms throughout my anxiety and I've only been on sertraline 4 months.

The was also another post from Diane with similar problems

Lil

• Posted

Do you guys think I should cut the pill in half I was prescribed 50mg of sertaline as well
  • Posted

Kim do you take the medication during the day or night?
  • Posted

Hey Kim. I've been on Sertraline for 2 years. Came off for a a few weeks and I'm back on again. I got every side effect you could think of- headaches, dizziness, low blood suagr, increased anxiety, extreme nausea, insomnia, increased sweating, "growing pains" in my knees and lower legs (clearly not growing I'm 24 just felt like those pains)- but never a burning feeling. Maybe you pulled something? Try a bath with epsom salt. Take it easy. If it doesnt go away go to the doctor and suggest a scan. Whatever you do, do not worry! You will worry yourself into a panic attack.
  • Posted

Have you received a different brand of sertraline...I hear people can react to that? But yeah anxiety is a bitch...I've had everything physical symptom you could imagine...pins and needles, chest pain, numbness, ibs and bloating.....as soon as one symptom goes another one appears.
  • Posted

I'm 3 days in I have nausea, stomach discomfort, I'm tired and dizzy. My doctor told me to take it at night but during the day I feel awful and just lay in bed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.