Sertaline will be the death of me! Help?!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took my first one yesterday and within an hour I felt soooo off me head I was sick everywhere twice! I was dizzy me pupils were hugeee I was shakey over heating it was horrible! And then today I can't eat😞 I feel worse then I ever have before someone give me some peace of mind or advice please 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Rachel sorry to hear you feel like this again today, just try and lay down, deep breaths and maybe some music to take your mind off how you feel.

I was speaking to a family member who is a doctor because i just wanted some information before i start taking anything, they can make you feel pretty rough until your body adjusts to it being in your system, i promise you will feel better soon after you adjust and the meds will start to work x

Lay down, breathe slowly and watch a film or listen to music if you can smile

• Posted

hi i felt awfull when i 1st started setraline, it soon settles but im concern you felt sick if it doesnt get better in a few days call your gp, hope it helps
  • Posted

Hi rachel

it sounds like you're having a reaction to the sertraline. Do you have a temperature?

Im not a doctor but it sounds like a reaction.

• Posted

That's what I was thinking my mam called the doctor today and she's gona call back and wel see then I'm not taking anymore till I've spoken to my doc cus last night was honestly one the worst nights of my life😞 have myself fully convinced now I have a brain tumour😞
  • Posted

I'm quite sure you don't have a brain tumour. The symptoms came on very quickly after you took the tablet. I had a dreadful time with sertraline. Good luck. I think you're right not to take any more.
  • Posted

My daughter too has just started on Sertraline. She was very poorly at first but is now on her 18th day of taking them and is much better. The only thing I can say to you is to stick with them and the horrible side effects that you are having will wear off.  Please give them a chance and do not stop taking them. If you have any concerns please speak to your doctor and tell him about how you are feeling.
    • Posted

Really? I also have a viral infection too so it isn't helping I was given sleeping tablets too but I'm too scared to take them😞 did your daughter have the same side effects??
  • Posted

Yes Rachel she was absolutely terrible.  She could not sleep, was sick, shaking violently, in  a really bad place but she has been to see me today and she was actually laughing.  Not to say she does not still have her down days but with the help of time and medication, I am sure she will improve. Please do not be frightened to take the sleeping tablets. My daughter was so against any medication and struggled on her own for quite some time before she agreed to take the anti depressants. Like I said please give them a chance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.