Sertraline 25mg one week change from citalopram 40mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all. I am writing this as an update to my previous post.

I am now 7 days in to a change of medication from 40mg of citalopram to 25mg of sertraline.

For the most part the transisition has been okay and please believe me when I was terrified of starting this medication. Side effects so far include lack of appetite and feeling slightly sick. I am having some issues with sleep! Up to 50mg tomorrow so will post again when I know how that goes. But to anyone in my situation stay strong take it day by day be brave and go for it x

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m changing from sertraline to Citalopram soon, how come you changed to setraline? And what was Citalopra like ? I’m so nervous about it? 

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi Shelby

I think we all get nervous about changing meds and due to our anxiety tend to frighten ourselves more than is necessary.

I took citalopram successfully for 9 years unfortunately it just seemed to stop working after so long and that's why the change.

I don't remember having issues when started the citalopram but did take diszepam when needed to. I hope this helps you. Here if you need to chat x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.