Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well I decided to take the sertraline and can't believe how fast it has effected me in a very negative way I wish I just stuck by my guns and didn't take it now the bad side effects kicked in after an hour of taking one I have never felt so ill in my life so I'm going back to not taking anything again ssri meds just don't agree with me at all I feel like I'm going to drop dead and that only after one 50 mg pill

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Now you know its not for you and try other methods of self help,im really sticking to my guns with the meds because once i start i will just have to go on stronger ones as your body gets used to it so try just hold on it will soon be out of your body system ,gosh it sounds like you have had a really bad time on them ,keep posting and you will get suport here there is always someone with advice and new ideas to try :0
    • Posted

Thank you

Well at least I have learnt from that experience I now know for sure that I'm better of without them

• Posted

Yes you have learnt your better off without them .do you have any idea what your next step might be smile
    • Posted

i am sorry that ddnt work for you.you know how it is you got to give it time.i pray if your having sucidal problems to do something.
    • Posted

Yes I'm having suicidle problems for sure but they are only thoughts and I can deal with it. I have two sons, two sisters and a brother that love me so I would never take my life no matter how bad it gets. Suicide is very selfish and effects our family's for the rest of there lives. The truth is when we feel suicidle we don't really want to end our lives we just want to end our pain. If we are dead we can never experience feeling well again so thinking about all that prevents me from doing such a thing
    • Posted

i know but i had really bad sucidal thoughts.they became dangerous for me.i know there just thoughts but mine was plum out of control.it just got worse with time.it was matter of life and death.i know i went back to the same group of medicine and i will gradually come off this one it will be about a year of weaning down.maybe by then i will be over the effexor withdrawls
    • Posted

at least it might be easier.i would of went back to the effexor if thats what it took.
    • Posted

It's really hard to know what to do for the best it's all just trial an error unfortunatly
    • Posted

even though i am taking something in the same class i wonder if i can still have the withdrawl effects from effexor
    • Posted

i mean can i still go through the withdraws taking something in that class but different pill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.