Sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Sertraline for about 2 months and I haven't noticed any significant improvement. Has anyone else been on this med and what do you think. I was on

Venlafaxine previously, which I think were slightly the better drug.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I went from being on venlafaxine to being on sertraline for a while last year. I found that my mood dramatically decreased to begin with and never really improved. After 6 weeks I went back to my dr and requested to go back onto venlafaxine and very quickly noticed an improvement. I've now been on Venlafaxine for about 8 months and wouldn't want to change.
  • Posted

Katherinelynne

I have phoned my pharmacist and asked her if it is possible to change from

Sertraline to Venlafaxine. She said it is possible but there may be some side effects. When you changed from S to V what was it like for you. Would appreciate your reply as I am in a quandry and feeling grotty.

• Posted

hiya peeps cheesygrin

careful with venlafaxine as its a nightmare to come off when you've been on it a while rolleyes

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Posted

I actually found I had no side effects changing back from sertraline to venofaxine. For me it was the best decision I have made for my depression. I would go and talk to your dr and talk about switching back. I think if you have had previous good experience on venofaxine then it is definately worth considering going back.
  • Posted

hiya katherine cheesygrin

yes but you didnt stop it, you swapped, at some point presumably you will come off it and thats when the fun starts (not) rolleyes

the other main prob i found was that with venlafaxine having such a short half life that just missing a tab for 24hrs triggers the onset of withdrawl sad

i must say tho that ven certainly gave me my 'get up and go' back but unfortunately stopped working after a while grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Mal

i have been on sertraline about the same time 75mg.  Did you not feel any improvement.  I have slight improvement.  What dosage are you on?

lynda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.