Sertraline

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.... I am now on day 7 of Sertraline and If anything, I feel more anxious. Today, my fears of having something sinister wrong with me have completely taken over, to the point where I am sitting at my desk at work and I can't focus on anything else!!!! Had anyone else experienced this? Please say yes sad

0 likes, 51 replies

Report / Delete

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I started on Sertaline in September 50mg having previously been on citalopram as I have always suffered from really bad anxiety some weeks it is better then others.  I was on 50mg for 2 weeks before I went up to 100mg for a couple of weeks.  I had to come back down to 50mg because I felt terrible very anxious and dizzy plus spaced out.  I still felt like this for a little while on the 50mg I think it takes about 3 weeks to get into your system and to start helping.  I work for myself and I was even getting anxious in my own shop which never happens.  It was awful but you have just got to ride it out,  now I feel okay on it I still do get anxious but it has helped at least I can function through the day normally and do things that need to be done without too many problems.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks your body should begin to adjust and you will start to feel some benefits 😊 xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hopefully in a couple of weeks the tablets will help and stop making you feel so anxious.  I don't get that kind of anxiety.  I have terrible anxiety when going out not really day to day stuff but arrangements with friends meeting up and especially in crowds or waiting for things like a bus I worry I will get dizzy and fall over and make a fool of myself and because I am constantly thinking about it I do get dizzy a vicious circle.  The sertaline has helped a bit but I still get dizzy which is my main problem and I suppose the anticipation of going out is just as bad.  I always feel like I am the only one as everyone around me does not get this but when I come on here it is slightly reassuring that I am not the only one but it is a total pain when things that are meant to be enjoyable start building up in my own mind so I think I would rather stay at home!  But you gotta keep going out and challenging these feelings and once I am there I have a good time 😊 xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Laura I am on Citalopram day 3 and I have the same fears, I have different symptoms in my body, and I am thinking that is something wrong with me
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm also on day 7 of sertraline my doctor said they could make you more anxious before they start to make you better
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too am on day 7 of sertraline and still feeling the side effects, I get the feelings where I feel constantly on edge and cant concentrate, u have made a big step already by going to work. I can't even face that. The side effects do last about two weeks and kick in around week 3/4, I have been on these before so know they work, keep going u will still feel the effects of them working. Keep me posted as would be good to see how u are doing as we are on them at same time.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up