Sertraline 50mg 2 weeks in ....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all just really looking for a bit of reassurance /peace of mind. Depression/anxiety wise I feel only a tiny bit of a lift in mood. I still feel like I want/need to isolate myself and pray that this medication works. Can anyone out there give me some reassurance that 2 weeks is early days... I just need some comfort I guess. Kind regards, M x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

Yes two weeks and on that level dose is definitely early days.

I've been on Sertraline for over five and a half weeks now, two weeks at 50mg then another two weeks at 100mg and the past week and a half at 150mg.

As recently as yesterday I was still feeling very low but today have began to feel a lot better.

I was on Sertraline in the past and have found it to be very slow working and subtle.

However the fact that you feel a bit better in that short time is very positive and should be a sign that things will continue to improve for you.

All the best

Richard

• Posted

Thank you so much Richard ~ you've put my mind at rest. I did used to take sertraline years ago but couldn't remember when i started feel ready to actually start living again. Thank you for replying kind regards.

• Posted

Hi, you are absolutely in the early days !

Some medications can take up to six weeks to kick in and give a marked improvement.

Continue to follow your Doctors advice.

The best thing in my early days was to remember to get up and get outside and go for a walk. It can be difficult, but remember that what effort you put into recovery you will get back and start feeling better sooner than if you do not put any effort in.

Hugs and best wishes!

• Posted

Thank you Brenda. I realise I'm sort of self sabotaging my medication by drinking and isolating but don't seem to be able to take control x

• Posted

Maria,

Self sabotage is what we sometimes do best simply by being depressive persons.

However I do urge you to ditch the drinking; alcohol of any type is a depressive substance. I have spent a great deal of time researching and working towards better mental health. With the help of a wonderful Ayurvedic practitioner , I have learned that alcohol ,refined sugar, processed meat ,and caffiene are all substances that we should eliminate or at the very least limit  in order to help ourselves to recover from our illness.

Be kind to yourself, time and some effort will help you to recover.

Best wishes and virtual hugs!

• Posted

I hope you have had a good day !

Mine was busy,but my husband and I are just going out for a walk...........ah and it is a lovely evening here !

Cheers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.