Sertraline 50mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone been put on sertraline for anxiety? If so, how long did it take to start working? I've been on it for a week and 5 days. I know it's not going to work that fast but I do feel better than last week. Other than I feel really dizzy today. Any advice or stories?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I took Zoloft for a long time. I have to say my overall experience has been bad, and think I should have gone with a different one. To get on it I'd be zonked, so tired, for like a month before the negative effects would lessen. I went up to 200mg. And although it made me manic and happy eventually- it also had a agitation aspect to it like I was very often trying to get rid of. But now that I've quit and trying others I feel less zombififed I think. Ssris all make me tired though.

• Posted

I was first put on sertaline (25 mg)  six years ago. I would say the first couple weeks took some time to get adjusted to. I remember feeling dizzy quite often and trouble sleeping. After this time period I began to feel like myself again. Hope this helps!
  • Posted

Thank you both for the replies! Tomorrow will be two eeeks I've been on it and I feel it has giving me more energy so far! I'm waiting and sticking it out to see the full effects! Hopefully sooner than later they will come! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.