Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctor increased my sertraline to 100mg as I have been struggling a bit with my mental health lately - I have a really really sore headache right now - is this a normal side effect for just starting on 100mg sertraline?? Does anyone else take this? 

💗

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also take Sertraline, but I take 50mg. Headaches are a very common side effectsmile
  • Posted

I do not take this but my daughter does and she has been getting really bad headaches too... I wonder if this is a side effect I'm going to ask for a doctor this week if I find out anything else I'll let you know. She takes 100mg also. Can I ask you a question does this medicine make you feel any better do you think it works? My daughter says that she feels like it doesn't do anything for her but her doctor telling her to take it and and told her to take it for a while and then see how she feels. I hope you feel better

• Posted

Hello, thank you! I’m not too sure I only started taking it yesterday, so I can’t tell just yet - some parts of me want to go back to 50mg/25mg because I didn’t get as much nausea / headachy with that! But I’m going to stick it out and hope for the best - I have an appointment with the doctors in 4 weeks so hopefully I notice a difference! 

I feel a bit like death today but that could be because it is my time of the month too 😬 - I’m so sleepy today!! 

I hope your daughter feels better soon too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.