Sertraline and other meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have a bad cough cold no sleep for 3 days at all. Starting to feel anxious about sleep as I don’t even doze off in the morning. I want to take night nurse I’m on 25mg of sertraline will this have a negative interaction ?

Has anyone taken this at all? I’m desperate to get some sleep plz anyone help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. If you don't get any replies from anyone on this med, they may not have taken night nurse with it, have you got a pharmacy nearby? They would be able to tell you if it is safe to take these together. 😊??

• Posted

They said it was fine, but I like to ask people with experience.

I’ve taken it now over an hour ago and I’m still not falling a sleep???

• Posted

Glad you found out its ok to take together, hope it works. Not being able to sleep just makes us more anxious, lying there worrying, keep hydrated also Lattifa, hope you feel better soon😊??

• Posted

I would have thought that advice from a pharmacy or chemist was far more reliable and safer than asking a load of strangers online.
    • Posted

Like I said earlier, I prefer to ask people with experience that’s why we are all here talking to each other as we all know how it feels to have anxiety first hand, of course I asked the dr and pharmacy, just like I did when I first went to dr about feeling over tired and sleeping too much she prescribed me 20mg of citalopram that has permanently retuned my brain chemistry and led to the worst panick attack of my life and clinical depression that I almost was going to sue her for after another dr said I should not have been given such a high dose as I was not depressed. Drs can tell us what should or could happen, but people who have anxiety and have taken certain meds can tell me exactly what happens.
    • Posted

Thank you edwina, I had a a few panick attacks after taking it, but I think that was just me being anxious in the first place about taking the night nurse I eventually fell a sleep 2 hours after takeoff it and feel good today, obviously still got a bad cough and blocked sinuses but at least I’ve had sleep because you’re right no sleep causes more anxiety and becomes a vicious circle. Thank you for your support xx
    • Posted

I would still rather ask a medical person in case of contra indications. Asking other people IMO isn’t a good idea as we all react differently to medication. 
    • Posted

As I’ve said I have asked medical people, but I ALSO LIKE TO GET OPINIONS OF PEOPLE  WHO HAVE ALSO TAKEN IT, HOPE YOU DONT MIND. THATS WHY WE HAVE THIS FORUM DERRRR!!!

THANKS 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.