Sertraline and working?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was very recently prescribed Sertraline. I've not started taking it yet but I'm am just about to start a new job the day after tomorrow. 

Having read the leaflet and consulted a few different threads etc... My question is, will I be able to start a new job and Sertraline at the same time?

How will affect me? will it change how I interact with people? I Suffer a great deal of anxiety through my condition at the moment anyway? So will it have an adverse effect on me?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask how long have you had the script ?

Generally sppeaking your GP has given you this medication because they think you need it.

You may have some side effects with this medication over an extended period of four to five weeks, However we are all different and some people may suffer very few problems. Your Anxiety will hopefully become less as you get used to the drug, no-one can say what your situation will be.

Sometimes your GP may increase the dose after four weeks if He feel you would benefit from that revised dose

The reason I asked above when you received your ,medications, it may be you have waisted time to get the medication in your system

Good Luck with your new job

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

HI

I do not want to put you off taking Sertraline. I would start it when you have a couple of days off. It did not suit me. But with you it may be fine. I had a really bad turn with 

it. It could be perfect for you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi concinero, sorry you are feeling so bad. I'm currently on sertaline and the first 2weeks were bad terrible side effects and heightened anxiety but I muddled through it. You may take them and not get anything or only a few everyone is different. I've been on it for a month and I started on 25mg splitting my 50mg tablet for 6days then took 50mg for 19days then 75mg for 6days and 100mg for 2days so far. I'm still not better I have really low days and tiredness but I managed to go to work the last few weeks and my anxiety has improved since taking them so I know it is helping. It just that's a while to get into your system and start working between 6-8weeks but everyone is different. If you want to chat I'm here. Take care and stay positive xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up