Sertraline for Sleep Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello folks currently i am taking sertraline for sleep anxiety. Has anyone ever had an issue where they were woken up while trying to sleep but once asleep can sleep till morning.

I really need some help and have been crying the whole day. I am from time to time getting this symptom while falling asleep where i gasp for air and wake up. I dont snore at all and once asleep sleep soundly.

I really need some encouragement. I spoke to my gp and he thinks it could be anxiety but also something i picked up with the anxiety. I am really worried and hope nothing is wrong with my brain. I am not depressed and i had to take sertraline due to anxiety at bedtime. Any help is appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello! i do not have an answer for you but i thought maybe it would make you feel better to know that the gasping for air when falling asleep happens to me too! it is scary! It happens to me when i take anxiety meds or benadryl to help me sleep but i cant sleep without them!

• Posted

Hello mld1981

Thank you for your reply dear. I spoke to the doc yesterday and she said it was because of adrenaline. It didnt happen last night as i cried so much i must have released a lot of stress hormones. I am just going to exercise as much as i can and make myself tired. what anxiety meds do you take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.