Sertraline giving me anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been on sertraline for 8 months now, started with 50mg in september until january then had it upped to 100mg, after 4 months i have began to get anxiety everyday for the past week or so, has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was on setraline for 5 years. It gave me anxiety too .I was prescribed diazepam along with the setraline. It stopped working for me about 6 months ago. I'm now on venlafaxine xxxxx

• Posted

I believe that you might have to change your medication. It could be the reason why you feel this way. Some medication can make your depression worse. Sometimes it can take up to 2or3 week's before it starts to work the way it's supposed to. Please let me know what happens.

• Posted

Katie

If you feel your medication has stopped working or causing distress make an appointment with your GP.

Has something happened in the last week that has caused you an Anxiety attack ?

Has your medication just been upped, your GP has taken you to a working dose, it may be you need to discuss this to make sure you are ok

BOB

• Posted

I take sertraline 50mg I feel ok during the week but when it comes to the weekend I just feel rubbish 
    • Posted

I can understand that. Because some of the medication I was on made me feel like crap.I was always tired. All I wanted to do was sleep.
  • Posted

Hi Katie 

im sorry you’re feeling so bad, anxiety is the Bain of my life so I really feel for you. I think there are so many potential possibilities that your best option is to put the question into the hands of your Gp or Psychiatrist if you feel able. In my personal experience I feel that many of the drugs have a kind of life span whereby my brain adjusts to it being there and the original symptoms start creeping around in the background - often a slight increase in dose can sort the problem . Are you having any talking therapy? Sometimes bringing up difficult issues can cause a resurgence of original symptoms, eqially having no therapy alongside medication can be a cause! I really believe you should talk to your prescriber as soon as you can, please don’t suffer....sending get well wishes to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.