Sertraline & lethargy, how long?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, after Citalopram didn't work for me, I got put onto 50mg of Sertraline. 

For the first week or so, I was very tired, but that subsided and I soon started to feel more positive.

After maybe a couple more months, it started to lose effect and about a month ago, my dosage was increrased to 100mg.

So far, I still remain very tired and have little energy, I'm also comfort eating a lot and my weight has gone up a bit.

Should this still settle down soon, or do I need another visit to the GP?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Side effects can take time to go, your probably a bit unlucky at the moment with the increase, perhaps give it a bit more time and if you see no improvement have another GP visit, alternatively go see your GP as soon as and discuss your concerns.

I wish you well.

Neil 

• Posted

Think you need to consult with your doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

I'd have thought after a month particularly on an increased does it would have settled down. I would go back to your GP.

• Posted

Been back to the GP.

He thinks it's pretty much down to me not being busy/down at work, but is running some blood tests on Monday to be sure.

• Posted

I've noticed myself that lethargy seems to increase when I get stressed. I'm on 150mg at the moment which is allowing me to function. However, I've had a stressful week this week and have felt more tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.