Sertraline working or not anxiety killing need desperate help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I used to take serta 50 before  with other meds 

took it for 3 months and it worked only in 15 days after starting 

but without knowing about the side effect i stopped taking it cold turkey after 3 months and was on no meds for i think 30 days or more then that 

so had to start back with serta 50 and other meds but its been more then 25 days and i still dont feel normal my OCD anxiety symtoms are worse 

may be i should change the meds 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi, sorry you are having a rough time at the moment, it would be good idea to go and see your doctor to let him or her know what is happening.  sometimes sertraline and similar antidepressants can take a little while to get going, and dose adjustments may be needed until you are on the right dose for you.  perhaps your doctor can give you something fast acting to be taken short term eg. a few weeks, to help with your ocd/anxiety,  so sertraline then has some more time to work, but without you struggling as much in the meantime
  • Posted

I have been on lustral 50mg for 3 months and still not sleeping properly .. In the early weeks I had all the side effects of getting worse before getting better etc .. but did level off to go about daily things. I still feel inadequate and lack in inner confidence. To the outside world I am the confident , bright person that my mask shows. I find lately that I'm failing and losing interest in things... Is it advisable to increase my dose to 75mg as I feel this might give me the lift I need

• Posted

hi charlie, yes absolutely, especially because you have given sertaline at 50mg a long time

may people are on 75mg instead, and personally here i take 100mg (although i may at some point perhaps try to reduce to 75mg, but havn't decided yet)

when you say you are not sleeping properly, could you be more specific? and also, what time of the moring, day or evening do you take your sertraline?

• Posted

I Take tablet late at night but whereas I have taken it in morning/afternoon it has same effect .... I constantly wake at 4am ,,, Also have to change pjs caus of sweating which is heavy sweat .... On 75 since last Sunday
    • Posted

hi again charlie, perhaps the next thing to look out for then, since you have only been on 75mg for around 6 days, is to see if the issue with your sweating at night gets better or worse.  it might take a couple of weeks for 75mg to settle in so give it a week or so longer and see if anything changes

in the very worst case:   as some more weeks pass - if the sweating either gets worse, or doesn't go away, then perhaps your doctor will advise on if you want to consider switching to another med, because out of all the meds available, there will certainly be many out there which wont cause you to have bothersome sweating at night, so do keep in contact with your doctor so he or she knows exactly what is happening with your treatment and recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.