Sertraline / Zoloft - no difference after months on 200mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't understand why people keep saying this drug is so helpful.  I kept on increasding the dose, had mirtazipine added, but still utterly hopless, angry, ,agitated, depressed, lonely and with no joy in life whatsoever, after months on a higher dose.  I can't find much information about it.  Most of the information online is generic.  How does someone know whether a drug is working?   Has anyone else taken Sertraline and found it didn't seem to work?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have taken Sertraline 50 mg for 4 years and it has really worked for me. It is very obvious that even taking it at the highest dose of 200 mg the drug is not working for you. So you should go back to doctor and ask to be weaned off this and put on something else.
  • Posted

Have you told your doctor how you feel?

It took me several drugs to find the right med combo to work.

Zoloft (sertraline) may not be the right drug for you.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.