Sertrolin (Lustral)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on this medication for 20 years and now would like to be tapered of iot. I would like to hear from any one who has had positive experience of coming off this medication or side effects.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Violet

Twenty years on an addictive medication is a long time. I would advise you talk to your GP and take advice on your best course of action.

We are all different when we either go on certain types of mediations and we could have different problems, the same when we try and come of ediations.

You need a managed withdrawal and your GP can give you that. 

I take it your condition is depression, you are feeling better and you need to move on without medications. Possibly your GP could be concerned at your complete withdrawal and may wish to try you for some time on half drug dose. If this turns out right, try and go with His ideas, He may want to make sure you will be ok before complete withdrawal

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.