Serum Testosterone 17.7 nmol/l! Hair loss main concern

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey lovely people of Patient, my doctor was shocked today after we decided to check my hormones that i have

Serum testosterone 17.7 (0.3-1.7 range) yes 10x normal

Free androgen index 36.1 (0.30-5.62range) 7x normal

apparently the highest he has ever witnessed, got to wait for an Endocronologist, I have two main side effects and one question. 

Side effect one - Sexual nature, lets just say when your T is that high everything doesn't work like it should. (weird as i thought i'd have low T though have been told that it should all click into place when this is sorted) 

MAIN QUESTION/TL DR: Lost a lot of hair in the last year which i have been told is now down to my crazy T level and has probably always been on the high side. 

When I get my Testosterone to a normal level can i expect some hair back? 

I don't want to have to take a drug for the rest of my life to get it back, for many reasons, cost, hormones are bad enough, possible sexual side effects oh and the fact anything you seem to "gain" is lost once you stop. 

Looking forward to some replies

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its better to start exercise daily along with healthy diet. This will improve and maintain your testosterone levels efficiently. 
  • Posted

Hey wicked I have the same Problem T level is around 1100 i have ed,shrinkage, all that.  Your the only person I know that spoke of this.  Did it ever get Fixed? And what is the real problem.  Doctor says I’m healthy but obviously we both know something not right 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.