set back and depressed

Posted , 11 users are following.

2nd knee replaced 8/23 not as smooth as first but okay each is different. Yesterday awoke to severe right sided chest pains. Now admitted with several blood clots in lungs. Mentally I know I'm fine just follow doc orders. Emotional I'm a mess. Words of advice comfort something to lift my spirits would be welcome. Thanks

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathy, you'll be well looked after in hospital, on blood thinners for a few months I would have thought. Thank goodness they got you into hospital. My sister in law had the same condition, and she was fine, they had caught it in time.

Not much consolation, and still getting over your op. I would have thought they'll be having you walking on a regular basis.

The surgery is enough to cope with without complications, I hope you aren't in there too long, but it's the best place for you just now.

Chin up love, it can only get better.xxx.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Kathy, you are in the best place and being looked after ...getting over a major operation is one thing .having complications such as this is horrible and frightening for you...I can understand you feeling depressed Hun...

Sending best wishes and hoping you get to go home soon and continue with your recovery... take care

• Posted

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear this. As if having a knee replacement wasn't enough to deal with. Was such a good thing you took it seriously and sought medical advice immediately. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Big hugs💕💕💕

• Posted

Dear Kathy-I'm so sorry to hear this. It is a very emotional experience. I'm trying to decide whether or not to have my 2nd TKR done on 10/9. So full of doubt! I remember worrying with the first one.  I hope things will look up for you soon.  You are about 4 weeks post-op, right? Just think how much better you'll feel in another 4 weeks! Please keep us posted on your improvements! And remember this is your 2nd one done and there are only 2!!!

• Posted

That sounds an awful experience, Kathylake.  I hope you soon feel a lot better. The whole knee surgery is a tough road to take and you don't need that as well. You are really brave having a second TKR, I have not got over the first one enough to think of it yet. 

Let us know how you are getting on if you feel up to updating and I'm sure everyone here is rooting for you. As it is your second you will know that there are many ups and downs and times of feeling the blues along the way. And you know they pass and you will get there in time, hold that thought.

• Posted

So sorry to hear this... i had a PE scare but CT scan was clear...however I have been in part of that worrying experience, Good job they have found the source of the problem. Have you had CT scan and are the clots small? They will look after you well. Prayers to you. X
  • Posted

How awful for you. If knee surgery itself is not bad enough and this on top of it. I have had a fear of clots and now into my fourth week following surgery. Here in NZ they just give you aspirin to thin the blood for a period of time but my doctor who is transferred from the UK thought that wasn't right so don't know what they traditionally do in other countries. Hope you are soon right. Must have been awful!!

• Posted

So sorry to hear this Kathylake! Praying that you have a fast recovery.  You are in the hospital so I'm sure you will get good care. Just another bump in the road, in a few months it will just be a memory! I am 8 months post op & although I am walking fine thought the knee would be feeling better by now. We all have to hang in there and the healing will come. Let us know how you are doing, and we all are routing for you. Stay strong! Dolores

• Posted

Hi Kathy!

It's a blessing that you were able to know the seriousness of your condition and get to the hospital! We all hear about blood clots following surgery, but you are experiencing them firsthand! SO GLAD that you are being cared for today!

Know that you are in our thoughts and that we are sending prayers to you for calm and strength and healing. TRY to focus on the two new knees that you now have and the new life you will enjoy with them minus all the pain!

Keep drinking lots of ice water to flush out toxins. Keep moving to keep those blood clots at bay. Take the medicines as given. You are already on your way to feeling MUCH better!??

(TKRs June and October 2015)

• Posted

Hi Kathylake - thank god that you are in the hospital. At least they will give you the right medicine to dissolve the blood clots and then you be on your way to recovery. When my mother had her TKR she also developed blood clots and they went to her lungs. She was also in the hospital. She did well and she had a good recovery from TKR. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You can do this. We all have. It just takes time, patience and self discipline with the exercises. J-21370

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.