Setraline 150mg -depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm new to this not sure how to use it! I'm just wondering about setraline as I got put on 50mg then 100mg now I'm on 150mg with this 150mg I feel sick. I haven't eaten in two days, I feel tired and weak. I've only recently started taking them and most of the research I've done is saying that it's not good sends you vicious with words etc. My relationship is arguing a lot and I can't cope with hurting him anymore. Can anyone help? Or abit of advice? Thank you xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi, from experinace sertraline in the biggining is aweful,but it gets better for most and if your anyhting like most it is well worth the period to over come the symptoms.50mg is lik e a starter tester dose and they usualy increase after 4 weeks, it does sound like you have increased the dosage rather quickly ? but it does get better, 8 weeks for me ,some feel much better after 4 weeks.
    • Posted

Thanks for thatsmile and yeah they did jump up pretty fast. I just feel lifeless on them? I normally have a really good appetite but it's completely gone? Hopefully doesn't take me to long to get used to them! Once again..thank yousmile
    • Posted

hi,some can control there minds better than others hence why some have worse symtoms then others, lifeless, dizzy,neusea,appetite are all common symtoms, i lost 2 stone in 1 month at the biggining, now i eat like a pig lol. now 6 months on i have had 1 bad day last week but i occasionaly tell myself i can beat my own mind and say i have nothing to worry about and get on with the day.you will get there, you will also keep googling every little symtom but you have to stop, if your doc as given you a clean bill of health apart from anxiety,depression then dont worry, dont read up on too much stuff and never think you have the worst condition possible , live your life , take care
    • Posted

Thanks for that Wayne great advice! And Yeah I think they affect everyone differently but I seem to be getting all of the symptoms you had! I haven't eaten properly for weeks due to my grandad passing away and now these new tablets haha I'm used to eating like a pig. But I am so snappy? Me and my boyfriend have been close to splitting up! X
  • Posted

Hi I am on sertraline 150 mg and don't get any of the symptoms you describe.   It does take time for them to fully get in your system so my advice is see what happens.  x
    • Posted

Yeah it affects everyone differently but when I was on 50mg then 100mg I got on with them pretty well. I had no problems! These are all common symptoms I believe! I just feel so alone, but this site makes me feel so much better because everyone is in the same boat. Thanks for advice!smile x
  • Posted

Hi All,

I am my fifth week on Setraline after been off anti depressents for 3 months after the horrid experience I had with Effecor. Was on 50mg for the first 4 weeks and this is my first week on 100mg.

My mood has certainly lifted a bit but my anxiety and panic attacks are horrid, off the rictor scale, I am also taking 75mg Lyrica (Pregabalin) at night too.

Hopefully it will kick in soon with the anxiety/panic attacks, its just torture

• Posted

I took 100 mg of Sertraline for 10 years. Getting off of it was absolute hell. I would not recommend taking 150 mg of this drug unless you are severely depresssed (I was diagnosed with severe depression and still never took more that 100mg). If 50 mg helped you, stay with that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.