setraline

Posted , 7 users are following.

i went to my doctor and have been on setraline 8 weeks and i said i dont really feel any different on them and he is giving me another 2 weeks as he said it takes people a bit longer to feel the effects.  so if no change he will change my medication, is there anyone out there who has taken a bit to effect them!

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I started on 50mg and worked up to 200mg over about 3 months and they now work for me.

Lil

• Posted

Well done Lil.....I've been on 200 mg for 8 weeks. Did your appetite and sleep improve first? I still have low mood/no motivation....,was that last for you? Iris. Pl keep in touch x
    • Posted

Yes appetite was better first sleep is ok but then again I have never been a good sleeper motivation and eventually my mood got better,

I have good and bads days but thats how I look at it not that Im going to another breakdown

Hope it works for you

Lil

• Posted

Thanks Lillie, did you start to feel better before 12 weeks?
    • Posted

Once the 200mg kicked in I felt better and that was after about 3 months

Lil

• Posted

Thanks Lil xx. I'm hoping for that too. It sounds daft but I'm bored with having no motivation, but can't be bothered to do much about it!!! I'd hate to have to change meds!
    • Posted

I know the feeling you wake every morning hoping thats the day you will feel better

Best of luck let me know how it goes

Lil

• Posted

Hi iris

I am on Citalapram was put on 20 mg to start with and did have a funny head but now on 10 mg and it has been much better. How are you feeling? Regards Kathryn

• Posted

Hi lillie46665

so pleased your 200 mg Setraline kicked in. You must be at a level that suits you. Great. Hope you really get on with it.

Regards Kathryn

• Posted

Hi ladies.....saw my doc today re my progress with Sertraline after taking 200 mg per day for 8 weeks. She is pleased with progress....I just need low mood and motivation to rise .....fingers crossed for me pleeeeaaassseee
    • Posted

Hi iris46

Glad you saw your Dr today re your progress with Setraline after taking 200 mg. Great she is pleased with your progress. Good news. Well done. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Thanks Kathryn.....I'm also trying some acupuncture on Wed ....supposed to be good
    • Posted

I feel weird inside my head mostly on my right side been 30 days now and weird dreams. Kind of feeling like there's something in your head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.