Sever Headache day 4

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I'm on day 4 of taking 10mg of cert for post natal anxiety. I've not had many side effects other than nausea and fatigue, however today I have started with a terrible headache. It feels like my heads in a vice and full of pressure in my forehead. Is this a normal side effect? I'm rather worried.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Miagraleve is the only thign that touched the headaches for me thoguth it will make u feel sleepy dont be worried its all part of the process can take weeks for these tablets to level out just see it through its going to be ok. good luck felicity.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

As far as I'm aware it's a common side affect of citalopram....I myself never had this side affect so I'm not sure what to take to help but hopefully the side affect won't last long xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

As you are probabely aware there are potentially a whole raft of potential side effects with this drug.

As you are suffering from  an increasing number of side effect may I suggest that you stay in close contact with your GP during the period and agree a course of action to be updated regularly depending on YOUR needs, Do not try and beat the drug it will only take longer to recover should the drug not suit you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Today I seem to have suffered from a whole array of side effects; headache, muscle cramps, tingling hands, depressed mood, panic attack, blurred vision., I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow as I'm not sure this is the drug for me, I'm on such a low dose but feel so bad.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I felt like that when I started  to take 10 mg but after a few weeks the symptoms eased it takes a few weeks for any drug to build up in ur system but maybe ur gp can give u something else go take the edge off white they buil to fill strength.....it's a horrible feeling having the symptoms I'm in agony today with muscle cramps in my back I even went for a walk tonight and struggled 😭
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up