Severe aching whole of pelvic region

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have written about this before but the pain I have now is worse. My Butt really aches and the top of both leg muscles. had Left THR over a year ago! Have one Ultrasound Guided Cortisone injection a month ago for Piriformis pain and the injection helped that but not my present problems. It really is starting to get me down. Have tried Gel - no good at all, Gabapentin, which made me so drowsy I kept falling asleep. Anyone got any pain relief suggestions please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm same nothing works fed up with it all wish i never had it done xxx

• Posted

Have you visited a chiropractor? My iliopsoas muscle was extremely tight after surgery, which caused leg, back, and hip pain for months. I eventually got treatment with a chiropractor accompanied by physical therapy to get the muscle loose again. I see the chiropractor every few months now just to keep me in working order. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks I will give it a go. Anything within reason to ease the pain!

• Posted

Hi,

I had my THR beg November 18 and I wasn't to bad til beg. Feb 19.

I have shooting pain in my groin, thigh front and back and the hip area.

I am waiting to see my surgeon again.

Some days I am bed bound because it just hurts to much.

i am on Gabapentin, Cocodamol, Oxycodone, Amitryptiline. And even with them the pain is terrible.

they still have not diagnosed the problem.

But I am really fed up with it too.

Had severe pain in my hip now since Feb 17 due to a hip fracture which would not heal.

But I do know people which were fully recovered after 2-6 weeks.

So will always have it done again if needed.

Petra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.