severe ankle pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have an.apointment tomorrow to.see surgeon for a total ankle replacement I am a pipefitter very physical job will I beable to work after TAR

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello

what has caused you to require a TAR ? And sorry for being nosey but how old are you ?

• Posted

I am 58 years old. I broke my ankle very badly in 1981 the joint is bone on bone can't even get needle in joint for cortisone shot. Ankle loaded with arthritis
    • Posted

Hello

I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much pain! And I wish you the very best to getting better soon! It's been 16 months since my ankle surgery. And I'm still not well yet.

I have a open wound, from when they removed the stiches and it's taking long to close up. It's getting there, but not fast enough for me.

But I'm hanging in, praying everyday. Keeping it very clean and hoping for recovery soon.

All of this is such a long journal, to be on. But

Don't give up!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story! And I wish you a wonderful day! Thanks again

Veronica

• Posted

Neighbour has had both ankles and knees replaced. He walks fine. Would've had that done in his 50s. Getting his toes fused on both feet soon. Both feet at once. Wants it over and done with. He's just been overseas in a very warm climate, feet caused him no problems. Came back to our winter and pain in ties cranked up again.

I'm no expert but you do have a good chance of using foot like normal again. He sure can.

Good luck!

©{°×°}©

• Posted

Hi  Elwood, I'm 61 and 8 months post op from TAR. Recovery takes a long time and there are no shortcuts. Probably 4 months off work and maybe 6 for a more physical job. Your replaced ankle will never feel or move like a normal one but the op is definitely worth having. I've got discomfort sometimes but no more pain and I'm able to walk normally again without a limp. Good luck and I hope this has helped, xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.