Severe Anxiety and depression.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been experiencing anxiety and depression for about 4 years now, and it's starting to get even worse. To the point of me not being able to control it. I can't breath, can't focus, always exhausted. Irritable. Lack motivation to even get out of bed half the time. Always worrying. I even stress eat. I don't know what to do. I went to counseling for years with no luck. Didn't help at all. I'm to the point in my life where I think I might need to go on medication to help me control this. Any advice or suggestions of what I should do??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A therapist would help with the best meds for you. Or if you can't get into one soon enough make an appointment and then see a GP who might prescribe something to help.
  • Posted

I know this post is very old. I hope you can still receive the reply.

I believe you are making the right decision by trying to deal with your anxiety attacks and depression by asking for help. Being on forums with people that have similar experience can help you on your journey to over come this never ending nightmare.

I wish I could tell you its a magical pill we all could take to make this nightmare go away. Its not. 

Please take to your doctor and explain to him how you are feeling. If you decide to take medication, do your research and ask questions.

Also look into talking to a therapist...attending groups, writing your thoughts down etc. 

Keep up the good fight!

• Posted

If you go on medication. They all have side effects. Some cant be taken long term. find a good doctor who will work with you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.