severe anxiety for two years losing it now

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys havent posted here in a while but desperately need some help.....ive suffered from extreme anxiety and depression for two years....the anxiety is non stop now 24/7...i only feel comfort when i am asleep as soon as i open my eyes it starts again...i am practically paralised by fear unable to get dressed and now im finding that i cant talk to anyone...lots of friends have tried to help me but of course they can only take so much and im losing them....i hate feeling like this but i dont think in my head i am going to get better...every night i say im gonna try tomorrow but it never happens...i cant go outside or get dressed or wash or anything.....will this ever stop its hell at mo...thanks for listening   xx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Leslie. What you are going through is tough and its very difficult to try and say something that will make you feel better about things right now so what i am going to do is tell you my story and hopefully you can find some inspiration ;-)

about 8 months ago if that i was feeling so depressed that i felt like the only way out was to end my life, i felt like i had no where to turn, i felt like a dissapointment and just in genrel rubbish in every way, looks, unliked, you name it. Anyway i some how got over that 24 hour period and made my self homeless by leaving my mum and brother because i had issues, with gambling, drinking, feeling low, not turning up to things coz im worried that everyone is looking at me thinking what a freak, his so ugly, look at that spot on his face and im guessing you go through the same thing and do you know what the sceariest thing about all that is, fear its self, feeling the fear and you need to grab that b!"£$£d so hard by the horns and kick it as hard as you can and dont stop kicking it until that fear is no longer there. its not gonna be easy but unless you face it, its not going away.

anyway sorry i am diversing. i got put into supported housing, slowly come of the drink, stopped the gambling and i found in my personal situation that as i was taking away 1 negative all the other negatives slowly getting replaced with posatives, any way to cut a long story short i am now living in my own accomadation, soon to be moving back to my mums house to safe money and i am now a support worker looking after young adults with learning dissabilities and autism and i am a completely different person. i find helping other takes the reflection or the time maybe for me to think about my own problems and it really as helped. i am no expert but im just trying to give you some inspiration, no matter what the issue is it can be beat and it will be beat Leslie, one step at a time, write stuff down, how did you feel this morning, why did you not go out this afternoon, how as that made you feel now, what do u want to be feeling and find the person inside you that ytou know you can be and you go out there and look them straight in the eyes and fullfill your potential becausae you deserve better and you will get there, just never give up.

• Posted

I'm so sorry that you are going through extreme anxiety. You must remind yourself that anxiety is a great liar. It will convince you that things are so horrible that you can barely go on with life. But it's a liar. What you are feeling does not go beyond your mind. On the outside things are not as bad as anxiety tells you that they are. Anxiety is like a horrible friend that hangs around you all the time, and just wants you all to themself. It lies and tells you how bad things are so that you won't go out. But remember that it's lying to you. Things are so much better than it is telling you.

• Posted

connie is right! you need to tell your sell that its all in my head and that no one else is thinking and feeling what i am and try and find methods and exercises to help you get through them horrible moments. breathing is a coomon one but in my opinion make a joke of it, in them situations where it is just so unbearable that you just want the pavement to open up and swallow you whole just to get you out of that situation, just laugh it off, take the p*ss out of your self, coz it works, i used to say to my self `oh here we go again, fastly pacing down the high street, feeling a million eyes looking at me all at once, and try and say to your self whilst they are looking at me they are leaving some other poor b12345d alone, these are all tecniques that can help, you just have to believe in your self   
  • Posted

Hi Lesley - sorry to read of your situation. Have you seen the doctor yet? It's the place to start. There is help out there for you - but it's up to you to find it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.