Severe Anxiety/panic attacks Please Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having alot of anxiety and panic attacks and I can't cope . Everytime i have one my right arm only, feels weak and heavy. Does anyone else get a weak right arm when they have a panic attack. Also with one of my panic attacks my hand went funny like my fingers wanted to curl but it was only one hand and then after he panic attack it feels normal again although my muscles will still feel tired. Does anyone else get this? I have severe health anxiety and google and then it makes me feel worse I worry about every single pain ache or sensation. I don't want to feel like this anymore sad

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Try with the breathing exercises, when it gets better try to change activity. When in the midle of the attack just tey to stay safe and remember that is going to go away in a while.
  • Posted

I have been in your situation and I understand it is horrible but yes I had chest pains the other day that was leading into my arm I was paranoid it was my heart but it was not.........I no its hard and easier said then done but next time you have a panick attack sit there don't run or move to another room just sit there and say to urself in ur head come on then what's the worst you can do to me go on and trust Me each time becomes easier and easier I haven't had one since x
  • Posted

So sorry you're going through this. Yes, I get the heavy, numb feeling in my arms. Some times just one and sometimes both at the same time with tingling. I agree with te previous post to try to breathe. And remember it will pass. Even though it is a terrible feeling.
    • Posted

It's awful. Mt arms feel heavy all the time but my riff one seems worse. Also, I don't know if it's from the antidepressants I just started but everytime I go to sleep and wake up I'm so tense and curled up squeezing my arms and they're bent under my chin that my arms have a burning sensation. After I get up and move around it goes away but it's so uncomfortable and it really sets my anxiety off bad thinning something serious wrong. I can't handle it
    • Posted

I really know how u feel...... The key is you will never recover until you no longer care how u feel and I no that's hard cuz everyday from the moment I wake up to the time I go to sleep I'm thi king about how I feel but then that what keeps us in the visious circle x
    • Posted

Do you ever get the burning feeling in your arms when you wake up?

• Posted

Tracy if your attacks are that bad,please go see a doctor and think about medication.You shouldnt have to feel so anxious all the timeThere is hope.
    • Posted

I have been to alot of doctors and the hospital a few times. They gave me 3 different antidepressants bc I couldn't stand the side effects and stopped them after a few days. I went back a week ago and they told me I had to stay on a medication and suffer through the side effects or I would continue to feel this way. I was so desperate I am on day 7 of sertraline but no effect yet.
    • Posted

I tried sertraline but had to many bad aide effects so came off but h do need to give the tablet time I had one good day wen I got to day 9 bit then I stopped em u will have Goodmayes and bad but then the good out run the bad x
    • Posted

I was throwing up every morning until day 6. I still have nausea somwtimes but my anxiety isn't any better. I just want to feel better it's been 2 months I feel like I'm dying and don't see an end to this.
    • Posted

Just give the tablets a bot more time has ur doctor gave you anythin to help u at the moment while it waiting for sertraline to kick in like proponalol x
    • Posted

She have me Ativan. They are only 0.5 mg and I take 1 in the morning and 1 at night to help with sleep. I don't like taking meds and I just worry that I won't be able to stop the ativan bc I have been taking them everyday for 8 weeks. My anxiety and panic was so bad I needed an anti anxiety medication
    • Posted

My son was given alpraesolam..an anxiety med to take along with prozac..works good for the anxiety.
    • Posted

Hi Lee ,

Alprazolam is in the same class as ativan (lorazepam) . How long has your son been taking it?

• Posted

Would you rather have the anxiety or take a med that helps?some people are on the anxiety m eds for years..but it allows them to live their lives.Only through a docs advice though.
    • Posted

About 2 years now.i also take it as needed..have for 7 years,i have two friends also who take it
    • Posted

My sons dose was too low at first so it didnt work for him.Dose has to be geared to your anxiety level.He needed 1 mg 3 times a day as needed and it worked.The o.5 did nothing for him.
    • Posted

The 0.5 of ativan was working for me but now it just seems to work for a few hours. When my doctor gave it to me she said she wasn't giving it to me long term buy until I got regulated on an antidepressant. The thing is its taking me a longer time to get on it bc I kept stopping due to the side effects and had to try 3 different ones and then I felt so bad j was scared to try another one after 3 of them. It has been a nightmare I have never felt so bad.
    • Posted

I feel bad for you anxiety is an awful thing.I have read most docs give anxiety meds 3 times per day,as needed as they last usually about 4 to 6 hours..i think thats what i read.my sons first doctor was a general practice doc.then he went to a psycologist who upped the dose.He told my son his dose was too low for what he was going through..said it was like trying to put out a forest fire with a water bucket.my son is much better now and does not need the anxiety meds as much but is still on the prozac .
    • Posted

My doctor originally only gave it to me to take at night to help me sleep. But I was so bad in the mornings when I wake up I told her and age told me I could take it in the morning too. She didn't say I could take it more then that and when she gave me it she said I would o ly be ok with you taking it for another 3 or 4 weeks and that was a few weeks ago. I just don't want to feel any worse and have withdrawl symptoms on top of this and I get scared bc I already feel so bad i don't need that too and I don't think she will give me anymore
    • Posted

Everyone is different..should follow what she told you,but if you continue to feel that bad,get a second opinion.I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Everyone is different.follow docs orders,but if what shes doing for you doesnt help,get a second doctors opinion.I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.