Severe back pain since 2012.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had 2 rounds of neuro surgery 2013/14 (13 mts apart). 4 neuro procedures 2014/15/16 and a Pain Management Program 2017.

My pain is unbearable to the point I can't do simple house hold tasks, I take

Paracetamol 1g Qds

Pregabalin 100mg Tds

Shortec 15mg Qds

Topiramate 15mg Bd

Fentanyl Patch 75mcg/phr

Amatriptalyne 75mg Nocte.

This is what I take for pain relief daily, I also suffer with severe mental health issues including anxiety and depression.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing. I was like that for 3.5 yrs. this is what worked for me. I lost 20lbs,(if you need to), and upped my exercise to 5 classes a week. Sore as hell but wonderful next day. Use ice pack and souse pain killers post ex class. Get someone who know what they are doing exercise wyse. I am 80% pain free now. Good luck. Rhona exercise class teacher. Edinburgh
  • Posted

I was the same after my spin op. The only way I recovered after 3.5 years chronic pain was to loose 20lbs in weight(if you need to) and step up my exercise to 5 hrs a week. I am an exercise teacher so easy for me. It hurt like hell to do but after an ice pack on my back with a big pain killer sorted it. If not my tens machine for 2 hrs. The next day felt wonderful. The drugs didn't work long term at all. Make sure your exercise teacher knows what they are doing though. 9 months later and a further 10 lbs down 85% of my pain is gone. Good luck, hope this helps. But losing the weight was hell but worth it. Rhona Edinburgh

• Posted

Iv been on a lot of different opioids including fentalyn for over 6 years now but last year I quit them, what I found was my pain would increase so the tablets increased it's a vicous circle, it took a while to come off them but what I found looking back that my depression and pain was probably made worse by the tablets that were supposed to make me better, I'm in chronic pain but I was anyway but I don't have the horrible side effects to contend with on top of everything else, now I'm not suggesting you come off your meds but definitely exercising more just starting slowly and push yourself a little more every week and you will start mentally feeling better which in turn will help you cope better, my heart goes out to you😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.