Severe Depression before period

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else experience severe depression a week or days before their period?

If so what do you do to help with it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I used to struggle with this when I was younger. Found that I didn't really have consistent periods though and went on the pill which seemed to put things in check a bit or at least allow me to better prepare for the low moods as I knew when to expect them. Hope this helps.

• Posted

i do, every single time am either close to it coming or a few days before, its annoying because i dont know what to do other than lay in bed and cry, my anxiety acts up worst as well and i suffer with IBS and i notice i can eat anything but as soon as my period is close my IBS automatically acts up, am glad am not alone, am trying to learn to ignore the symptoms but when the feelings hits me hard its hard to ignore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.