Severe depression, linked to mammoth fibroid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm really really down. My legs are tired and achy and my rib cage hurts. I'm sure it's this fibroid. Its getting me really down ad paranoid that it may be something worse..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are going through this. I had surgery 8 weeks ago to remove 2 fibroids and know exactly how you feel. I had constant pain in my stomach and back, achy legs and anaemia after every period. I constantly worried that it was something more sinister and didn't get much reassurance from the gynaecologists. My GP was more helpful but I do believe the problems caused by my fibroids is part of the reason I'm suffering from depression.

I had to fight hard for the doctors to accept that my fibroids were causing my problems and to get the surgery I needed. The second fibroid was missed on scans and during exploratory surgery but weighed over a kilo when removed. Almost immediately after surgery I could feel a difference and am now sure that it was the problem. Tests showed it was benign.

Chances are it is nothing more sinister than a fibroid but fibroid pain is very real and can be debilitating. Have you been offered any treatment?

• Posted

My insurance won't pay for any treatment. I cannot afford treatment either. So I'm trying natural remedies. It's not going very well...
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Melanie, mine don't seem to be going anywhere fast either, although today I feel unusually full of energy and positive. Some days I feel fat, achy, and worried that I'll never get rid of them. Try not to let it get you down, the fibroid is very unlikely to be malignant in any way. I feel for you, wish there was some way you could get some treatment.
    • Posted

I know it's stupid, I often worry that I have some kind of cancer. Like today I feel very skinny, then I automatically think something is wrong.
    • Posted

I'm also losing my hair.I get super paranoid. I think this fibroid is stealing all the nutrients.
  • Posted

Hi Melanie I does sound like a Fibroid problem. Has fibroids been diagnosed? The symptoms I have are

Heavy periods

Swollen Tummy (I look pregnant)

And Anemia

Depression is also a factor as heavy periods and low energy and pregnant belly bring on confidence issues etc.

The thing to do now is

Get it diagnosed if it has not been already

And then look at treatments be aware though that When it comes to Fibroids Gynocolgy won't recommend anything other than a Hysterectomy there are other procedures that can be done which they won't tell you about such as UFE so do your research. I was lied to by a Gynocologist which caused me 10months of pure hell with my symptoms. So don't let it happen to you. If you want any info from what I have had done don't hesitate to message me. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Patricia. I have heard of UFE, however it's unobtainable to me. I'm trying to change my diet. And I am attempting a fast.
    • Posted

Hi Melanie I wondered why UFE was unobtainable to you. Did you have an MRI scan for suitability? From what you have just said. Sounds like you don't want any kind of surgery. Natural remedies are ok if your symptoms are not too severe. Unfortunately mine were.

Hope it works for you

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.