Severe distention after sibo treatment

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello! I have been fighting to understand my fatigue for a few years and saw a functional md who told me that he knew that I had sibo although no traditional symptoms to speak of at the time. He gave me Rifaximin, neomycin and flagyl as well as two strong anti herbal preparations and a alternative antibiotic. Within 2 days I became seriously depressed for the first time and my fatigue worsened, it felt like someone poured cement in my gi tract and shut my body off. The doctor told me to subside each pill day by day and I was left feeling pretty lifeless and not like myself. A month later I had a belly that looked like I was months pregnant and intense fatigue, every day the stomach would become larger and I began to not be able to get out of bed or sleep due to difficulty breathing. I suffered for over a year and had a colonoscopy and upper endo that showed 45 eiosinaphils but not in the mid and active severe esophagitis. None were addressed to me however. The functional Dr. insisted that I do a gi map that led him to reneg on his sibo diagnosis and told me that my iga in my stomach was incredibly high. The doctor dropped me as a patient and I am left with this 9 month pregnant belly, fatigue and unable to eat and be active. I loved fiber and probiotics prior to the antibiotics and now I can not tolerate them or most foods. I am wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone ??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.