Severe health anxiety???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I feel like I've come to a dead end and now feeling like I don't want to be here any more. All my life I have been a real worrier, ive had every illness known to man kind, from brain tumour to Breast cancer to Parkinson's you name it ive had it. Ive started to have strange sensations in my face mainly one side, a feeling of tightness and been having pains in my head and around my face. Also tingling in hands and feet and weakness. Ive been to the hospital and they couldn't find anything wrong. Anyway things of got real bad and I can't shift this feeling I have and it's making me feel like I'm going stir crazy! Everyone is trying to say it's all anxiety but I'm not convinced, so much so I went to see a private neurologist who confirmed I have a dystonia tremor and vertigo, which I knew about anyway, besides forking out to go private im still not convinced it's anxiety and more of a nuero problem. I wake up everyday with internal trembling and worried something bad will happen to me that I will die and my kids will be left, I no longer want to go out anymore and life is becoming unbarable. No matter what the docs tell me it just don't help im convinced I have MS I have all the symptoms. I have had two Mri scans and there clear, that don't mean to say I don't have it still. MS is one of the hardest things to diagnose and can take years, does anyone else wake up feeling dread with internal tremor, sickness thought of something awful will happen to you? I literally feel like I'm losing the plot just wished I could be normal once again.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vicky

Talk to your GP if not already, explain not wanting to go out and your other Anxiety conerns. It seems you could do with some CBT and any coping exersises that may help.you control your fears

BOB

• Posted

Hi there, I have spoke to my GP he thinks I'm crazy and laughs at me. Going back next week with my mum, im hoping I get somewhere with her input. Thanks again.

• Posted

Your problem  with Anxity is when we call the GP with something new they become very cynical and then will either refer you or send you home with your concerns, this can cause real problms if you do take ill and the GP will not be able to relate and send you home. So it is very importand that you concentrate more on your nurosis and get yourself stabilised so your GP can understand you if a real illness takes hold.

I understand we all need to be able to relate to our conditions and know when when we are ill or not ill. All I can suggest is some CBT and coping exersises, there may be something new to try. We all need to understand when we are ill 

BOB

• Posted

Hi! You need to know that you are not alone and there are more people like you. But, yes, its all in your head. Keep that in mind. Its anxiety, what if something awful happen is most common anxiety question.. Everything will be ok. Just tell your dr exacly how you feel if he/she doesnt understand, change to another! Just believe in yourself and enjoy life. Life isnt that complocated.

• Posted

Hi there, I do try and tell my self it is all in my mind but can't help but to feel the way I do, it's draining most of the time. Hoping things will resolve and life gets better. Thanks for your message.

• Posted

Hi, like you I think I, ve had every medical condition, it, s driving me crazy to the point I could scream.i do believe it, s anxiety and am told it, s like a circle going round in my mind and because I dwell on it too much it won, t stop.Try and occupy yourself and the symtoms fade, it, s hard but I have decided this anxiety won, t beat me.good luck , take care.
    • Posted

Hi, your right in what you say to occupy your self that does help, I do feel the anxiety is winning me!! Everyday is a struggle but I just have to get on with it. It's good to know were not alone and that tiger people feel the same as us! Best wishes to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.