Severe Health Anxiety!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have an irregular heart beat. I'll ise the # sign to represent my heart beat pattern it'll to #,#,#,#,#,#.......#...#...#.....#,#,#,#,#,#,#....#....#....#...#,#.#.#.#. It does that every 20seconds or so all day long. I can't draw a full breath and it's scaring me. I've had several tests done and this is what all I've had.

EKGs(only showed a minor right bundle block) 

Chest X-Ray

CTA scan 

Several blood tests at different doctors.

Pulmonary function test.

My blood pressure, and oxygen saturation levels are alway fine. I've seen two primary doctors, have been to the ER 4 times for it and each time it was a different doctor, and on the 5th ER trip and actual cardiologist(best cardiologist in my area) came in and looked at my charts and talked to me and said I'm a healthy boy and it's just anxiety! How can it just be anxiety when I can physically feel my heart doing this 24/7? I feel like I'm gonna pass out just walking from my bed to the bathroom and that if I exercise I'll go into cardiac arrest or have a heart attack. I've read so much online about people my age who have arrhythmias dying suddenly and things like that and I'm scared to death! Does anyone else experience this? And after all the tests should I truly believe it's all anxiety and my heart is healthy?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've had all those symptoms at one time or another. Anxiety really does seem to enjoy messing with your heart rhythm.

If you've seen that many doctors and even the best in your area says you're fine, then you're probably fine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.