severe health anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive also got to add that i have no tingling or numbness. ive had all the cancers and brain tumours and now im convinced i have a cancerous spinal tumour thats spreading to other places. im on 0.75mg xanax i was on setraline but the side effects were so bad i had to come off it and citrolopam was worse i dont know what to do i get sympton after sympton

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you health anxiety awful people don't understand I not been able to go to work for 3 months due to this I work in the hospital and worry all the time I am there about what if I collapse and imagine if they had resusetate me I even scared going to the hospital for tests so avoid it I got a meeting at work next week about my sickness and will have to go in there I on citalapram and diazapam 2mg 2 times a day my doctors won't send me for any tests I having constant head pains and burning right ear so my worry going worse I going try get some money go private I not enjoying any of my days at all I go to support group and do Mindfull ness course as well I doing everything to try get right but it's these pains making me worse any advise be helpful

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Elaine is the Xanax helping you
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im taking 0.25 mg 3 times a day but now i thimmk its not working so well the dr said i än take take a whole tablet thatl be 1 and a half mg daily. im a bit scared to. he prescribed setraline before but i couldnt take the side effects. how can i taper off 0.75 mg xanax? ive only been taking it a month. do u know ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

that niggly on and off mid back pain has been on my mind and asa i wake up im thinking i got a spinal tumour i think about it so much 24/7 this is one of my new symptons. i get 1 after the other what about u? does ur medication work?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Elaine how are you doing today my GP reduced my diazapam now to 2 a day not 3 now so I will stay on them now for a few months before I reduce anymore my citalapram as been 6 weeks now I was very scared of taking them more than the diazapam but I take it every morning now I sure that I should be ok with them now only on a 10mg dose I have had a lot tingling today face head arm but I am trying not to worry but that is hard / we will all get there we strong people xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

F you are having back pains have you gone and checked it out? Be ause worrying makes it twenty times worse then getting a scan. Tapperring off xanax is a slow and steady thing and your doctor ahould be advised. Benzos have potent withdrawls so best to tell your doctor and he will advise you.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up