Severe Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya,

I have been diagnosed by pyschiatrist by having Health Anxiety. I have had several blood tests. Colonoscopy, pelvic scan, had my autoimmune checked. Basically I have made the GP so fed up of seeing me as The tests have been fine. I recently had a UTI infection got given anti bios and it went but has returned. I know this as I frequently urinate. My GP has not given me any anti bios as he has sent a sample off for analysis. I am struggling with the frequent visits to urinate. My GP has said it takes a week for the culture to come back. This has really made me feel anxious and upset. I have become an emotional wreck. I haven't stopped crying and broke down this evening to my partner, because I'm so fed up with feeling ill. I am on meds and they have been keeping me stable.

Sorry to be posting so late but I'm really upset and was wondering if others also have really bad days.

😢

Serap

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Serap,

Sorry you're feeling so awful. I have healthy anxiety too and am going through some digestive issues that make me feel absolutely horrible. I'm on meds too and if I wasn't so numb from them I'd probably cry too. Things will be okay it's good that your GP took you seriously and ran proper testing. UTI's can be hard to get rid of so try not to worry too much once the culture comes back your doctor can give you a more targeted antibiotic. There are a lot of helpful people on this site you've come to the right place. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Are your meds woking because it doesn't sound like it. If your still having bad anxiety then you need a med check. Maybe the dose upped or something else.

• Posted

I have health anxiety too. One single ache or pain will ruin my whole day because it'll be all I think about. I always tend to think worst case scenario when it comes down to aches and pains. If I have a headache I think I have a brain tumor. If I have chest pain I think I'm having a heart attack. If I have a stomach ache I think I have appendicitis. Just go scroll through these forums I bet you'll see my name at least ten times.

What I'm trying to say is, you're not alone. This happens to a lot of people and its hard to distinguish symptoms as "serious" or "no big deal"

I have the same thing going on with my GP I've seen him maybe fifteen times since July. I think he hates me now lol

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it. I have had such a bad weekend with UTI. I booked GP appointment today and said that I'm struggling. I'll keep you updated.

Serap

• Posted

Drink lots of cranberry juice and water and theres cranberry pills with D mannose in the pharmacy in the women section for  this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.